Deputy Chief Fisheries & Conservation Officer
Organisation: Sussex Inshore Fisheries and Conservation Authority (SxIFCA)
Area: Shoreham-by-Sea, West Sussex
Contract Type: Permanent Grade:
Grade 8 (SCP 40-44)
Salary: £43,857 – £47,852 per annum (Subject to 2021/22 pending Local Government pay award)
Hours of work: 37 hours per week (minimum)
Working pattern: Full time
Closing date: 12:00 Friday 24th September 2021
Screening: BPSS UK
Further information: twitter sussex_ifca web https://www.sussex-ifca.gov.uk/jobs
The Sussex Inshore Fisheries and Conservation Authority (IFCA) are responsible for managing inshore fisheries and marine conservation off the Sussex coast; the Sussex IFCA district covers the entire Sussex Coast out to six nautical miles and all estuarine waters and tidal waters. The Sussex IFCA’s duties are primarily defined within the Marine and Coastal Access Act 2009 they include the sustainable management and exploitation of sea fisheries resources, balancing socio-economic considerations with the need to protect the marine environment. The Sussex IFCA is responsible for fisheries management measures within future Marine Conservation Zones and designated Marine Special Areas of Conservation within Sussex coastal waters The Sussex IFCA is funded by East Sussex County Council, West Sussex County Council and Brighton and Hove City Council. The Authority is seeking a senior appointment to the role of Deputy Chief Fisheries & Conservation Officer. Working with the Chief Officer within the Senior Management the position requires a highly experienced and knowledgeable individual who can lead and motivate support a professional multi disciplined team. The position requires the holder to:
- Understand the IFCA legislative framework and the wider landscape of fisheries and conservation regulation.
- Develop and implement Authority planning and policies and operate in a strategic manner in accordance with IFCA guidance.
- Manage and support staff responsible for functions including compliance and research.
- Report and make presentations to the Authority’s members at statutory quarterly meetings.
- To support communication planning, public engagement activities and external communications functions within the organisation.
- Oversee complex and/or interagency enforcement activities and provide expert advice, interpretation of legal regulations.
- Support project development and joint initiatives with partner organisations.
The post involves some inshore sea-going work and the post holder will also be required to hold a valid driving license or the ability to meet the travel requirements of the role. In accordance with Sussex IFCA Terms and Conditions of Service a 10% allowance on basic salary is paid for unsocial/additional hours. A vehicle allowance or lease vehicle will be allocated to the post. The post requires weekend working and hours to meet the needs of the role. The post holder is required to work a minimum of 37 hours per week and a maximum of 48 hours on average.
For more application information please contact Rachel Griffin Tel: 01273 454407 firstname.lastname@example.org For an inform discussion on the role contact Tim Dapling, Chief Fisheries and Conservation Officer Tel: 01273 454407. Interviews will be held between 4 th to 15th October 2021 Application form to be returned to: Sussex Inshore Fisheries & Conservation Authority 12a Riverside Business Centre, Brighton Road, Shoreham-by-Sea, West Sussex BN43 6RE Tel: 01273 454407 Fax: 01273 454408 Email: email@example.com Website: www.sussex-ifca.gov.uk
Please check the other IFCAs websites for updates on current vacancies